Suffolk County Abuse & Neglect Lawyer
New York Federal authorities take seriously any allegations of child abuse, neglect, and maltreatment. In Suffolk County, children welfare officers scrutinize information about a parent or guardian who slips away and fails to shoulder parental responsibilities.
The community too only has scorn for residents accused of child neglect and abuse. If you require successful investigations into the maltreatment charges, child custody petition to protect the minor or even legal defense against false child abuse accusations, the first step is to consult our highly-qualified Suffolk County abuse and neglect attorneys.
What is Child Neglect and Abuse in New York?
The Federal Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) defines physical abuse and neglect of children as follows:
• Recent acts or the failure of the parent or caretaker to act leading to serious physical, emotional harm, exploitation, or sexual abuse of the child.
• An act of commission or omission that presents an imminent risk or serious harm to children.
The CAPTA Federal law offers the minimum criteria to find out if child abuse or neglect exists. When you talk to our Suffolk County abuse and neglect lawyer, we review the evidence upon which your charges rest to develop an aggressive defense. We also explain fully how the CAPTA links with New York’s statutes and laws.
Abused Child need Compassionate Attorneys
Maltreated children require the legal services of a law firm who understand the life-long effects abuse and neglect has on children. We professionally guide our clients in cases alleging the following complaints and form of child maltreatment.
• Mediated physical abuse, including accidental physical injury.
• Neglect and the failure of parents to cater for children’s basic needs.
• Sexual abuse, wrongful body touching, sexual interaction with minors, or pornographic filming.
• Emotional abuse, in which an adult impairs the child emotionally.
• Abandonment including the parent or caretaker leaving the child, which exposes the child to harm and danger.
• Exposing children to substance abuse or giving drugs to minors. Prenatal exposure of the fetus to drugs. The parent caring for children while still impaired by substance abuse.
Protecting Children from Neglect and Abuse
We are at the forefront of ensuring Children in Suffolk County receive adequate legal protection from sex pests and irresponsible parents. The American Academy of Pediatrics estimates that 12.1 percent of U.S. children fall victim to various forms of maltreatment.
• Children below three years under the care of hired staff.
• Children who record show have a history of abuse.
• A child with learning disabilities, physical, and mental impairments.
• Minor suffering chronic illnesses or congenital malformations.
• Forster or adopted young citizens.
• Abuse of children in schools.
How we help in Child Abuse and Neglect Cases
We help when as a spouse you feel the partner maltreats your child in the home environment. Child abuse charges need comprehensive investigations. Our Suffolk County abuse and neglect lawyer will draft a memorandum to the office of the district attorney. We also look into the evidence to ascertain the accusations of child neglect. Upon our satisfaction that the complaints contain facts, we proceed to offer advice regarding filing a lawsuit.
We are on standby for a free consultation if you face Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA) investigations. Call Suffolk County Abuse & Neglect Lawyer for CFSA court case on 888-247-9981.