24/7 call for a free consultation 888-504-2746


With 100 years of combined experience, Raiser & Kenniff, is the place to turn when you or a loved one are accused of a crime. When the media needs professional and accurate legal insight on criminal cases in the national spotlight they turn to Raiser & Kenniff.


Criminal Defense Lawyers

Former Prosecutors

Our founding partners are both former new york prosecutors who understand how to handle a criminal case from every angle and therefore, they can provide you with the strongest defense.

As Seen On TV

When the media needs professional and accurate legal insight on criminal cases in the national spotlight they turn to Raiser & Kenniff. Turn to a defense law firm with national recognition.

Multiple Offices

Regardless of whether you are in New York City, Nassau County, or Suffolk County, we offer a risk-free consultation. No strings attached. Speak to one of our lawyers and see what your options.

Risk Free Consultation

We offer a risk free evaluation of your case, and are here to help you understand your legal options, and how our lawyers can help you. We are available 24/7, day or night, to help you.


Suffolk County Custody Lawyer Lawyer

If you have a child with someone else and you decide to end the relationship with that person, then you might begin to think about filing for custody. A Suffolk County custody lawyer can help with all the paperwork that needs to be completed and represent you in court so that the best outcome is achieved for the parents and the child. Most states have legal custody and physical custody. Legal custody means that you have the authority to make legal decisions about the child. Physical custody means that the child lives with you. It could be every day with the other parent seeing the child on the weekends or a joint custody situation where you share the time with the other child.

You need to talk to an attorney about the time frame of when you can file for custody. Most states require that you wait until you are separated or no longer living together. You can petition for custody if there is a domestic violence situation and paperwork has been filed or if there is a petition for the support of minor children and the custody of those children if you do not file for divorce but want to file for custody of the children for another reason. Some child support agencies ask that you file for custody or joint custody agreement if you will be receiving support from the absent parent. However, if there is a domestic violence issue, then you can usually show this paperwork to the agency as proof that you don’t want to pursue joint custody and only want to file for sole custody of the children.

An attorney will be able to direct you as to the proper forms that need to be filed. You can also go to your local courthouse to get the documents that need to be filed if you don’t want to work with an attorney at the moment. However, it’s in your best interest to hire a lawyer who can fight for the rights that you have regarding your children so that they live with the parent who can provide for their needs. Review all of the forms that you complete to ensure that all of the information is correct. You don’t want to leave something off the paperwork or include something that is dishonest. If there are negative issues with the other parent, you shouldn’t make claims to any of these actions when you initially file. Wait until you go to court with your attorney. Your attorney can approach the topic in a manner that is professional instead of introducing emotion into the case. Sometimes, your attorney might recommend mediation so that you can resolve issues about custody before going to court. If this isn’t an option, then a court case with a judge making the final decision is likely the only option that you have available. The judge will decide about custody after hearing all the evidence presented and both declarations by the parents of the children.

Call Now!